Burrell @ Jordan Valley
Interview with Dr. Nash
Match # 192531
Internship positions available: 2
Interns in this rotation will spend 75% of their time at Jordan Valley and 25% of their time at one or more of the Burrell offices. Primary service locations for Jordan Valley include the Medical Tower (Springfield, MO) and Tampa St. Office (Springfield, MO). Other possible office locations include:
- Forsythe, Missouri
- Lebanon, Missouri
- Republic, Missouri
- Hollister, Missouri
- Marshfield, Missouri
If travel is required, costs for travel between offices beyond 20 miles are reimbursed to the intern.
As part of the Jordan Valley community Health Center mission, this site provides patients with access to behavioral health services. The Behavioral Health team includes Behavioral Health Consultants (LCSW), Psychologists (Traditional therapy) and Psychiatric consultation. The BHCs are the gatekeepers for the behavioral health services and are fully integrated in primary care. In addition to training experiences provided within the Burrell office locations, Interns in this rotation would provide the following services throughout the Jordan Valley office locations:
- Provide crisis management, individual and family psychological assessments and treatment to individuals referred by medical and dental providers. Work in close coordination and collaboration with these providers to fulfill the overall healthcare plan for patients.
- Assess a client’s needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of behavior.
- Offer therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health problems such as anxiety, eating disorders, depression, addiction, social and interpersonal problems and challenging behavior.
- Provide consultation to other professions, encouraging a psychological approach in their work
- Promote effective working relations and work effectively as part of a team to facilitate the Clinic’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Attain all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the Clinic’s overall mission.
- Responsibly follow the Clinic Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrate respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Work closely with pain management department to assess and treat the needs of patients enrolled in a chronic pain therapy.
- Able to bill under Medicaid/Medicare guidelines and complete tasks as required.
Barbara Wachtel-Nash, Psy.D.
Dr. Wachtel-Nash earned her Clinical Psychology degree from Chicago School of Professional Psychology in 1993 and completed her internship and post-doctoral residency at Burrell Behavioral Health. She spent 23 years at Burrell doing outpatient therapy, groups, and psychological evaluations. She also worked with Cancer patients at the Hulston Cancer Center inpatient and outpatient for 13 years, contracted to Cox by Burrell. She has experience working with multiple medical diagnoses, as well as death and dying issues and support groups for cancer patients. She was the director of psychological evaluations at the Kingsley clinic for six years. In October of 2013, she accepted the position of Director of Outpatient Services and Psychological Evaluations. In May 2016 sje accepted the position as Director of Behavioral Health Integration at Jordan Valley. Dr. Wachtel-Nash’s research interests include clarifying diagnoses through psychological evaluations and symptom overlap.
Netti Summer, Ph.D.
Dr. Summer earned her Clinical Psychology degree from Purdue University in 2008. She completed her internship at Illinois State University – CAPS and a post-doctoral residency at Clemson University. She began work with Jordan Valley in 2016 as behavioral health services are becoming more integrated with patients overall care. She has also worked in college counseling centers, with an emphasis on groups and eating disorders, as well as having experience in private practice and community mental health centers. Dr. Summer has additional training in eating disorders, cognitive processing therapy for PTSD, Parent-Child Interaction Therapy, and has done psychological evaluations for learning disorders, mental health diagnoses, and ADHD. Her research interests include trauma, eating disorders, and attachment and loss.
Intern Selection Process
Applications will be reviewed and discussed by multiple providers/supervisors at Burrell and Jordan Valley. Specifically, this site looks for individuals who are self-starters and driven. Applicants should also be able/willing to travel.
In addition to the Background Checks conducted by Burrell, interns with Jordan Valley will also complete a job-related background check. A comprehensive background check may consist of prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and education confirmation, and verification that the potential employee is not excluded from participation in federal and state programs. As appropriate, a credit check, criminal background check, health examination, drug screening and/or driving record history may also be obtained.
JVCHC may at its discretion perform pre-employment and random substance testing to screen applicants and test employees for certain positions.
Central Region Sites
- Burrell Behavioral Health Center
- Clark Community Mental Health Center
- Compass Health
- Family Psychological Center
- Greater Ozarks Rural Psychologists, LLC
- Ozark Center/Freeman Health Systems
- Royal Oaks Hospital
- Truman Medical Centers