Description: A professional mental health care provider with training in the unique psychological issues that present with the rehabilitation setting, acute and chronic illness/injury, and interactions among these factors. The psychologist assumes responsibility and accountability to provide psychological assessment and intervention for a patient or group of patients for a designated time frame, and provides care for these patients through psychological evaluation and appropriate psychotherapeutic interventions and behavioral strategies, including consultation with unit staff and other team members regarding environmental modifications for optimal patient response. Needs to have flexibility to provide services in multiple settings across the CoxHealth system.
- Able to integrate work activities into interdisciplinary team environment with an emphasis on rehabilitation issues.
- Able to conduct brief neuropsychological screenings and recognize when referral for additional testing is needed.
- Flexibility in working in several different medical settings, including inpatient and outpatient services.
- Must be self-directed as the position will require independent work at times.
- Carry out essential functions of the job with potential expansion of responsibility.
- Familiar with age specific needs for patient populations served.
- Able to work with diverse patient populations in a hospital or other health care setting.
- Clinical capability to provide full range of behavioral health services to medical and psychiatric patient populations.
Requirements: Doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA approved program; 3-5 Years Related Experience (experience can include post-doctoral, and/or independent practice); MO State Psychologist License.
Preferred: Specialist training (e.g., coursework, internship, post-doctoral fellowship in rehabilitation psychology, neuropsychology, and/or health psychology).
Contact: Applications are only accepted through our online system here.