Description: Illinois Institute of Technology is pleased to invite applications for a one-year full-time post-doctoral fellowship in Clinical or Counseling psychology. The Fellow will provide therapy and assessment services to ILLINOIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY students in a vibrant urban setting. Ideal candidates are expected to be keenly sensitive to issues of gender, culture, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, socio-economic status etc. and to be skilled with techniques for counseling students with diverse backgrounds.
The Fellow will provide a range of services, including individual therapy, group therapy, wellness workshops, cognitive assessment testing, and psychological/emotional/Academic assessment testing. This one-year fellowship meets criteria for license at the doctoral level as a clinical psychologist in Illinois. Requests for Fellows seeking out-of-state license can usually be accommodated.
The post-doctoral fellowship will provide a wide range of training/practice opportunities including supervision of ILLINOIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY graduate students, teaching, and project management of ILLINOIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY clinical psychological contracts. Rotations will overlap throughout the year providing a dynamic experience.
Deadline: Position start date August 15, 2017. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Start date somewhat flexible thru Sept 1, 2017. Find complete details here: https://www.universitycounselingjobs.com/description.php?position_id=8594
Requirements: Minimum qualifications:
- Completion of a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology by July 1, 2017 (or letter from Director of Training indicating upcoming conferral date)
- Experience conducting therapy with adults with a variety of presenting issues
- Experience completing psychological evaluations with adults and children including commonly used tests of intellectual functioning, academic achievement, executive functioning, and attention
- Demonstrated multicultural competence in mental health service provision
- Excellent writing skills, time management skills, and interpersonal communication skills
Compensation: Salary: $31,000
- Benefits: Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term disability insurance, 12 paid days off, and travel support. Benefits package effective upon first date of employment.
- Location: Work in the heart of the Chicago, surrounded by public transportation, close to retail and restaurants, steps from Grant Park and museums.
- Professional development: Gain dynamic experience and take part in a multi-level training experience with child, college level students and adults. Assist in project management in operational aspects of the Selective Enrollment Testing Program for CPS.
Contact: In one email, send the following attachments to email@example.com
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Redacted sample report including test battery with background, test results, and interpretation of client within age range of 5yrs-65yrs.
- Request that two clinical supervisors send letters: 2 letters of recommendations to be emailed directly to application