Description: Position available for a Clinical Psychologist in Norfolk, VA. The HCW shall perform a full range of clinical psychology services in accordance with the core privileges and/or supplemental privileges as defined by BUMEDINST 6320.66E and approved by the Commanding Officer. Administer programs of treatment to mentally and emotionally disturbed individual adjustments; help medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries. Interview patients and study medical and social case histories. Diagnose and evaluate mental and emotional disorders of individuals and administer programs of treatment. Provide concise documentation of care and recommendations in patient’s medical record in no less than 24 hours after the patient is seen. Participate in group medical appointments including Shared Medical Appointments (SMA) and Drop in Group Medical Appointments (DIGMA) as requested by the Primary Care Manager (PCM). Provide technical direction and clinical insight into relevant projects being conducted at the site of service.
- Possess a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology
from accredited university.
- Successful completion of a psychologist intern program which has
been approved by the American Psychology Association.
- Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted license or
certification to practice as a psychologist in any one of the 50 states,
the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the
U.S. Virgin Islands.
- A one (1) year fellowship or residency in health psychology or behavioral medicine.
- One (1) year experience in the last three (3) years in the evaluation and treatment of patients who have pain, psychological factors affecting their physical condition, or difficulty coping with medical problems.
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation written within the last
two (2) years attesting to the HCW’s clinical skills. At least one (1)
letter must be from a physician or psychologist who has personally observed
and evaluated the HCW and who can attest to the HCW’s clinical competence
in the care of patients. The other letter may be from a clinic or hospital
administrator, physician or nurse who has personal knowledge of the HCW’s
patient care skills in a similar clinical environment. Reference letters
shall attest to the HCW’s communication skills and ability to relate to
patients as well as professional and other interpersonal skills among staff
members and must include name, title, and phone number, date of reference,
address and signature of the individual providing reference.
Contact: For more information contact Ayman Barbari email@example.com or via
phone number 407-455-7608.