Description: Jordan Valley Community Health Center has an immediate need for a Post Doctorate Psychologist for our Springfield, MO clinic.
Jordan Valley Community Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center, primarily located in family-friendly Springfield, Missouri. We bring quality professionals and advanced services in one location, committed to improving the health of our community by providing superior and accessible medical, dental, and behavioral health services to Springfield and surrounding communities.
- Provide crisis management, individual and family psychological assessments and treatment to individuals referred by medical and dental providers. Work in close coordination and collaboration with these providers to fulfill the overall healthcare plan for patients.
- Assessing a client’s needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of behavior.
- Offering therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health problems such as anxiety, eating disorders, depression, addiction, social and interpersonal problems and challenging behavior.
- Providing consultation to other professions, encouraging a psychological approach in their work.
- Promotes effective working relations and work effectively as part of a team to facilitate the Clinic’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the Clinic’s overall mission.
- Able to bill under Medicaid/Medicare guidelines and complete tasks as required.
- Responsibly follows the Clinic Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Attend a weekly department meeting
- Attend on hour of supervision a week to discuss cases, documentation, and diagnosis.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology.
- Must possess or be in the process of obtaining a Missouri State license as a Provisionally Licensed Psychologist.
- 1-2 years relevant experience.
Contact: Kristen Backs, Recruitment & Retention Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417.851.1589
Apply online at www.jordanvalley.org/careers