Business & Psychology: Moving Beyond the 50-Minute Hour (3 CE’s)
Presented by Adam Andreassen, Psy.D.
October 8th, 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Introductory — Designed for psychologists who may have little to no background in a specialized skill or content area. The learner can become acquainted with the theoretical underpinnings, principles, methods, and perspectives of a content area. Although it can be used as a foundation for more advanced learning, a program may simply focus on breadth, enrichment or general knowledge.
Course Description and Target Audience
This presentation will show participants how to apply clinician acumen to the changing business landscape in behavioral health. It will focus on basic and fundamental business skills and encourage participants to prepare themselves for positions in private practice, management, executive leadership. A particular emphasis will be placed on health care reform and the future of behavioral health from both a practitioner and business perspective. There are no risks associated with this presentation.
The target audience is mental health providers (advanced doctoral level psychology trainees, psychologists in practice, master’s level clinicians, etc).
- Attendees will be able to analyze how data-driven decision-making can inform both financial and clinical strategies.
- Attendees will be able to demonstrate the understanding of a basic financial statement.
- Attendees will be able to describe the basics of Health Care Reform.
- Attendees will be able to apply basic clinical and psychological knowledge to common business problems.
- Attendees will be able to list some of the essential elements of running various behavioral health businesses.
Adam Andreassen, Psy.D. received his Master of Arts and his Doctorate Degree in Clinical Psychology at the School of Professional Psychology at Forest Institute in Springfield, Missouri. Dr. Andreassen is the current President and CEO of the National Psychology Training Consortium.
Location and Costs
$55.00 – Regular registration fee
$41.25 – Consortium Affiliate
No Charge – NPTC Director or Supervisor
*Credit card charges are subject to an additional fee.
** Group rates may be available; contact Katherine Dixon to request consideration.
This presentation will be offered via Zoom.