Business & Psychology: Moving beyond the 50 minute hour (6 CE’s)
Presented by CJ Davis, Psy.D.
January 18th, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Course Description and Target Audience
This presentation will prepare participants in understanding how to apply clinician acumen to the changing business landscape in behavioral health. It will focus on basic and fundamental business skills and encourage participants to prepare themselves for positions in private practice, management, executive leadership. A particular emphasis will be placed on health care reform and the future of behavioral health from both a practitioner and business perspective. Potential risks are discomfort at the state of affairs in national healthcare delivery.
The target audience is mental health providers (advanced doctoral level psychology trainees, psychologists in practice, master’s level clinicians etc).
- Describe how data driven decision-making can inform both financial and clinical strategies
- Be able to utilize a basic financial statement
- Describe the basics of Health Care Reform
- Apply basic clinical and psychological knowledge to common business problems
- List some of the essential elements of running various behavioral health businesses
C.J.Davis, Psy.D., is the President/CEO of Four County Counseling Center in Logansport, Indiana. Dr. Davis has 20 years behavioral health experience, and 12 years management and executive experience.
*National Psychology Training Consortium (NPTC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NPTC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.