Complex Trauma Model (6 CE’s)
Presented by Angela Neese-Knartzer, Ph.D.
March 7th, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Course Description and Target Audience
The complex model of trauma will be introduced as well as the importance of conceptualizing clients with complex or developmental trauma differently from individuals with other traumatic experiences. Treatment priorities and suggested models of intervention based on this conceptualization will be discussed and numerous case examples will be presented. Complex trauma clients are a diverse population and no model of treatment fits every client. This limitation will be highlighted in the presentation.
The target audience is mental health providers (advanced doctoral level psychology trainees, psychologists in practice, master’s level clinicians etc).
- Attendees will be able to explain the complex trauma model.
- Attendees will be able to demonstrate the conceptualization of clients with complex trauma.
- Attendees will be able to differentiate individuals with complex trauma from individuals with more straightforward trauma experiences.
- Attendees will be able to describe the differences in treatment priorities for individuals with complex trauma histories vs. individuals with PTSD.
- Attendees will demonstrate appropriate treatment goals for clients with complex trauma experiences.
Angela Neese, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist in Indiana. She completed her internship at the University of Indiana School of Medicine. She also worked on the Psychiatry department consult lesion team and in the Pain Clinic at Riley hospital. Her post-doctoral year was spent working exclusively with adolescents who were dealing with severe complications due to complex trauma experiences. She has researched and taught on the topic each year since. Dr. Neese has also seen a number of patients with chronic illnesses and chronic pain while working in mood and anxiety disorder clinics. Dr. Neese also is a visiting Professor at the University of Indianapolis.
Location and Costs
$100.00 – Regular Registration Fee
$75.00 – Consortium Affiliate
No Charge – NPTC Director or Supervisor
The presentation will be offered in the Gym at Four County Counseling Center, 1015 Michigan Avenue, Logansport, Indiana 46947.