Risk Assessment and Sexual Offending (3 CE’s)
Presented by Kent Franks, Ph.D.
May 2nd, 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Course Description and Target Audience
This course explores the actuarial risk assessment of sex offenders. The course will also explore the identification of high risk offenders. Actuarial assessment predicts risk of sexual re-offense with moderate accuracy and is significantly more accurate than clinical judgment. There are no known risks associated with this presentation.
The target audience is mental health providers (advanced doctoral level psychology trainees, psychologists in practice, master’s level clinicians etc).
- Learn the empirically validated risk factors for prediction of sex offender re-offense.
- Introduction to actuarial risk assessment using the Static-99R.
- Introduction to the research pertaining to the effectiveness of treatment with sex offenders to reduce risk.
- Introduction to risk assessment with child pornography offenders.
- Identification of high risk sexual offenders.
Kent Franks, Ph.D., has been a clinical psychologist for over 29 years. He has been involved with the evaluation of sexually violent predators from 1996 – 2004 with the California Department of Mental Health. He was then involved with the evaluation of sexually violent predators from 2004 to 2016 with the Missouri Attorney General.
Location and Costs
$55.00 – Regular registration fee
$41.25 – Consortium Affiliate
No Charge – NPTC Director or Supervisor
*Credit card charges are subject to an additional fee.
** Group rates may be available; contact Katherine Dixon to request consideration.
The presentation will be offered at Burrell South Creek, South Creek Theatre room, 2885 W. Battlefield
Springfield, MO 65807.