Treating Eating Disorders: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know (6 CE’s)
Presented by Michelle Mannia, Psy.D.
May 3rd, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Course Description and Target Audience
This course will discuss diagnosing and treating eating disorders in a variety of settings. Etiology, treatment techniques, potential problems, diversity factors, and therapist factors will be discussed. No potential risks are anticipated.
The target audience is mental health providers (advanced doctoral level psychology trainees, psychologists in practice, master’s level clinicians etc).
- Participants will be able to describe all DSM-5 eating disorders and understand the diagnostic criteria.
- Participants will be able to explain the etiology of eating disorders and factors that maintain eating disorder symptoms.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate a practical application of treatment techniques and interventions.
- Participants will be able to discuss the cultural and diversity implications of weight and body size.
- Participants will be able to describe effective prevention and community responses to eating disorders
Michelle Mannia, Psy.D, is a psychologist specializing in the treatment of eating disorders. She has worked exclusively with eating disordered concerns for the past 7 years and has worked in a variety of multidisciplinary settings including a hospital, a university, and in private practice. In addition to outpatient therapy, she has experience running outpatient group therapy, conducting groups for a partial hospitalization program, and developing and leading an intensive outpatient program, all focused on clients with varying severity of eating disorders.
Location and Costs
$100.00 – Regular Registration Fee
$75.00 – Consortium Affiliate
No Charge – NPTC Director or Supervisor
The presentation will be offered in the Gym at Four County Counseling Center, 1015 Michigan Avenue, Logansport, Indiana 46947.