Does NPTC offer half-time internships?
Not at this time.
What are the start and end dates for the training year?
What does it mean to be Partially Affiliated?
What does the application process entail?
Please click here for the Application Procedures.
What is a consortium?
What is the current salary?
Central Region: $25,001.60 for 2018-2019
Great Lakes Region: $21,008.00 for 2018-2019
Great Lakes Region Grant Funded Positions: $28,352.00 for 2018-2019
Cascades Region: $25,000 for 2018-2019
What is your APA Accreditation status?
For more information about our APA Accreditation status for all three regions go here.
What is your APPIC Membership status?
For more information about our APPIC membership for all three regions go here.
What materials are necessary for application?
More information about what is required in your application can be found here: Internship Application
What type of applicant is NPTC interested in?
- Comprehensive Examination successfully completed
- Dissertation proposal approved by start of internship
- Completion of a minimum of 1000 total practicum hours, of which…
- 250 should be Intervention and Assessment hours
- 100 should be Supervision hours
- Must have completed three years of graduate training (some sites require receipt of Master’s degree)
- Enrollment in an APA- or CPA-accredited clinical (preferred), counseling, or school psychology doctoral program; OR a non-accredited school that has had or has been approved for an APA site visit.
For more information about what the individual sites look for in an intern, check out the “Intern Selection Process” tabs on each of the site bio pages found in the Central Current Sites and Great Lakes Current Sites and Cascade Current Sites sections.
What type of benefits does NPTC offer?
Information on Intern support and benefits is available here: http://psychologyinterns.org/about-nptc/internship-admissions-support-initial-placement-data/