Behavioral Health Consultant
Marion Health · Marion Family Practice
Hours/Pay Period: 80
Additional Shift Details: N/A
Req # 5751
This position provides Behavioral Health Consultation (BHC) services at Marion Health designed to assist patients in behavior change to maintain a healthy lifestyle and enhance their quality of life. This may include short-term therapy for alcohol and substance abuse, grief, stress, anxious and depressive symptoms, and other presenting mental health concerns. Further, a BHC may address behavior change, stress management, mindful eating, smoking cessation, medication compliance, and other areas related to behavioral health to assist patients in achieving prescribed objectives. They may provide consultation to primary care providers and make appropriate community referrals. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Master’s degree in psychology, counseling or social work and
- licensed in Indiana as a Professional Counselor (LPC) -or-
- licensed in Indiana as a Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) -or-
- licensed in Indiana as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) -or-
- licensed in Indiana as a Psychologist with an endorsement as a Health Service Provider in psychology (HSPP) -or-
- Master’s degree in Family Therapy and
- licensed in Indiana as a Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) -or-
- licensed in Indiana as a Professional Counselor (LPC)
- CPR certification must be obtained within one year of hire.
|Preferred Job Requirements
- One year experience in hospital or healthcare setting.
|Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
- Excellent communication skills to effectively and tactfully communicate with patients and their families and guests, co-workers, managers, providers and other hospital personnel on a one-to-one basis using appropriate grammar, vocabulary and word usage.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to carry out duties in a professional manner, as well as the ability to work well under stress.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to work in the EMR and proficiently perform computer applications related to department operations and job function.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills in order to manage multiple issues simultaneously combined with ability to effectively prioritize.
- Ability to be discreet and protect the integrity of any confidential matter or information encountered during the performance of job duties.
- Typical hospital clinical environment with frequent standing and walking.
- Work may be subject to interruptions and occasional high stress levels.
- Risk for occupational exposure to blood, body fluid and other potentially infectious, electrical and radiation hazards.
- Works in close proximity to patients and visitors.
- Ability to work any shift, occasional extended hours, holidays and/or weekends based on the needs of the department.
- Works with protected health information.
|Physical and Mental Activities, Tools and Equipment
- Standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling to provide patient care and to utilize patient care devices necessary to perform duties in a safe manner.
- Use of computers and other standard office equipment.
- Must be able to physically carry out job functions that include exercising and using free weights.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability.
Marion Health is a smoke-free environment.